The Ukrainian Women's Association of Canada
- was founded in 1926 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- serves a membership of approximately 1,300 members in 45 branches across Canada
Our main goal is to support and execute all manner of deeds and acts that contribute to the continual growth of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada, and encourage members to practice and live by the Christian principles as enunciated by the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada.
Our goals and objectives are
- To preserve, develop, and nurture the Ukrainian cultural heritage and traditions.
- To foster the principle of cultural cooperation within the Canadian society
- To focus on the education of our youth in Church Schools, Ukrainian Schools, Bilingual schools, and the CYMK - Ukrainian Orthodox Youth
- To propagate and defend the aspirations of self-determination and human rights in all nations, with our focus directed to Ukraine by demonstrating support both morally and financially.
- To preserve the Ukrainian Cultural heritage - religion, language, customs, and traditions.
- To disseminate knowledge by publishing works of Ukrainian writers, historians, and journalists.
- To maintain the Ukrainian Museum of Canada of the UWAC, its branches and subsidiaries.